ICT4D research center is currently calling for applications for membership for the Mobile and Wireless Communication, Natural Language Processing and E-service research groups under the research center. The applicants must have MSC degree, publication and experience in research related to one of the above mentioned research groups. The applicants are required to write a concept note on listed topics under each research group. The following are the list of research groups and research topics for 2010 academic year.
Natural Language Processing
- Geez Text/Speech Corpus
- Develop the semantics model for Amharic/Geez language
- Build a computational model for the phonology of Amharic/Geez language
- Develop a Amharic/Geez speech tagger
Mobile and Wireless Communication
- Develop applications in local language to help with easy access to resources on the internet
- Adaption mobile systems for disabled users in local context
- Help children learn their culture and heritage through localized applications
- Design & Develop Mobile/e-Health/e-Agriculture Applications to Improve Health Care Service Delivery System/agriculture e system.
- Design and Develop Decision support System for the Health Care and or Agriculture Sector