Objectives of the Center
The Center is a non-profit making professional organization re-established by Bahir Dar University under Bahir Dar Institute of Technology (Ref.No.1110/1/12/2, dated 12/12/2007 E.C with a view to advancing the objectives outlined hereunder.
- Do research and development of energy systems and practices which are technically, economically sound and environmental friendly which can supplement the dependency of fossil fuel consumptions in the country.
- Perform research in the areas of energy efficiencies, utilizations and generations
- Act as a store house of knowledge and published information and source of technical expertise/consultancy in the field of energy for the benefit of technology users, suppliers and policy makers.
- Give postgraduate study (MSc and PhD) and short term trainings to the community about energy utilizations and generations
- Develop research capability of researchers and postgraduate students
- Develop the multi-disciplinary research potentials that constitute the broad field of energies among all the programs of the university.
- Establish standard energy research laboratory.
- Work closely with stakeholders on energy technologies and disseminations to the community.
- Supporting the government energy policy through research
- Transfer new technologies and upgrading indigenous energy technologies.
- Be a leading energy research center in our region and helping community to improve their energy utilization and quality of life.
- Bahir Dar Energy Center, based at Bahir Dar Institute of Technology, offers research oriented study at both master’s and doctoral levels leading to degrees awarded by Bahir Dar University