The Training Objective of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Graduate Program is to provide broad-based education and training in Electrical and Computer Engineering and its applications leading to a Master of Science Degree in Engineering, to enable graduates to meet the challenges of the engineering profession in a rapidly changing environment that exists in a developing country. The specific training objectives can be summarized as follows.
1. To produce Graduates with full professional competence in different fields of Power, Communication, Control & Instrumentation and Computer Engineering who can participate in the national development activities and to this end;
· To train manpower for higher education institutions of the country;
· To produce qualified experts and managers for industries;
· To meet the demands of the industries in terms of training and up grading their engineers and managers.
· To provide opportunity for the working community in the field of Power, Communication, Control & Instrumentation and Computer Engineering to upgrade their knowledge to a higher level.
2. To carry out research in the areas of Power, Communication, Control & Instrumentation and Computer Engineering that are relevant to the needs of the Country;
3. To render consultancy services to the community.
4. To provide research, development, maintenance skills for products and systems.
5. To engage students in high level research through thesis that offers optimal solutions to technical problems in the electrical and computer industry sectors.
6. To prepare students for career opportunities in public and private services.