Academic Program Officer Phone: +251911070156 Email:email@example.com
Academic Program Officer for Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures classes are conducted consistently as per the schedules and propose appropriate measures to the Director of UG and Faculty Dean and ensure course exam grades are submitted to the registrar on time;
- Assign academic advisors to sections within each program in consultation with chair holders;
- Coordinate senior projects and examiners for undergraduate program and Develops guidelines for appropriate evaluation of B.Sc. project defense in the faculty
- Entertaining Petition for Re-marking from students for courses and request the relevant chair to assign two academic staff, who can make the re-marking impartially and then approve one of the grades submitted to him and finally submit the final result to the registrar
- Work closely with the assistant registrar and ensures the keeping of proper academic records of students of each program
- Be a member of Students Affair committee within the faculty
- Attend occasional Program Coordinator meetings as provided by the Undergraduate Director Office of the institute.
- Act as a liaison between the Director for undergraduate programs of the institute and the faculty dean
- Cooperate in arranging orientation programs for new undergraduate students of the institute with other faculty academic program officers and the Director for Undergraduate programs of the institute.
- Develop annual activity plan as per its strategic plan in relation with Teaching and Learning process;
- Standardize and harmonize evaluation and monitoring procedures and format in the faculty in consultation with the faculty dean and chairs.
- Undertake any other related tasks given by the dean
Terms of Office:
The term of the academic officer shall be two years with possible extension for one more term. The Scientific Director in consultation with the faculty dean will decide if he/she would like to extend the appointment for a second term.