Faculty Dean: Mr. SOLOMON LULE
Terms of office: The term of Faculty Dean shall be two years with possible extension for one more term. The Scientific Director will decide if he/she would like to extend the appointment for a second term.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing & articulating the mission, vision, and objectives of the Faculty in consultationwith chairs and in agreement with BiT strategic plan
• Formulating the faculty’s strategic and annual plans and submitting the plan for Scientific Director of BiT;
• Communicating and inculcating the faculty’s strategy, vision, mission and objective to facultymembers, and internal and external stakeholders;
• Develop, together with the faculty Chairs, Academic program officer and Academic Council, core process performance standards, procedures and guidelines;
• Developing better work systems, environment and incentive system so as to improve the motivation, efficiency and effectiveness of staff;
• Establish and maintain bilateral and multilateral partnerships with international and local bodies;
• Represent and advocate his faculty in internal and external affairs, in external intellectual and social affairs and events; attend and speak on behalf of his/her faculty on annual process and BiT meetings;
• Ensure the provision of resources, facilities, training and education needed for the faculty’s staff;
• Ensure that budget for scholarship related costs such as airfare are allocated in their annual plans.
• Ensure the delivery of adequate, continuous and relevant staff development, training and education programs in collaboration with international partners, university leadership and others;
• Implement continuous quality management and process improvement initiatives;
• Develop appropriate staff development programs in line with the target performance goals of the faculty’s core processes;
• Conduct periodic and continuous impact assessment and evaluation on the performance of the faculty’s core processes;
• Benchmark local and foreign best practices in areas related to the faculty’s services and deliverables and process;
• Undertake any other related tasks given by the scientific director/deputy scientific director.