The overall objective of graduate study is to provide students with the intellectual depth and breadth, and appropriate training necessary to pursue productive careers in the professions and various fields of teaching and research. The program provides opportunities for students to study advanced theory and practice in a particular field of study and solve problems that may arise in practice. Advanced academic materials are presented in the form of course work and research to develop the students better understanding and greater skill in solving new and old engineering problems.
- To provide graduates strong theoretical foundation in the area of Microelectronis and VLSI desing and enable them to take up the challenges of the current technology.
- To import research skills with the aid of modern TCAD (Technology computer aided design) tools so that graduates can come up with solutions to the challenging problems in the area of Microelectronics and VLSI design and formulate innovative ideas through independent thinking and Reflective Learning.
- To upkeep the highest values of professionalism and ethical attitude and nurture the ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
General program learning outcome
- Acquire in-depth knowledge in the broad area of Microelectronics and VLSI design and allied disciplines, with the ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize the acquired knowledge.
- Analyze complex problems in the domain of Microelectronics and VLSI desing critically to make intellectual and creative advances for researching in a wider, theoretical, and practical and policy context.
- Solve problems in the area of Microelectronics and VLSI design imparting lateral thoughts and originality.