PhD candidate in Electrical Engineering
- BSc: BSc in Electrical Engineering, Bahir Dar University, Bahir Dar, 2001–2006 Specialization: Electrical Engineering
- MSc:MSc in Electrical Engineering, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa.Specialization: Communication Engineering, 2009–2011
- PhD: PhD in Electrical Engineering, Techinical University of Darmstadt, Ger-many and Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, 2016–Present
- 10 Nov, 2012–10 Nov,2013, Deputy director of faculty of Electrical and Compute EngineeringBahir dar University, Lecturer January 2011 -September 2011, Full-time
- Dec, 2014-Dec,2015, Director of information and strategic communication, Bahir Dar Institute of Technology
- 10 July, 2013-10 July, 2014, Program manager of faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- 01 May, 2013- March, 2016, Bahir Dar university STEM and utreach coordinator forICT and electronics streams
- 01 Dec, 2013- March, 2016, Bahir Dar institute of technology procurement approval committee member
- 10 June, 2012- 10 Jun,2014, chair of singals and communication systems, faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- 25 Jan, 2011- March, 2016, lecturer in faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Aug, 2006-Aug, 2008, assistant lecturer in faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Honors and awards
- Weather Radar hardwar maintenance and troubleshooting training, 30 Sep-11Oct, 2013, Vaisala, Helsinki-Finland.
- Professional PCB prototyping and production, 4-7 May, 2015, Bungard, Ger-many.
- Feedback antenna and radio wave propagation system laboratory, Feedback,30-31 Jan, 2012, Bahir Dar University.
- CCNA Exploration I: Network Fundamentals, CISCo, May, 2012, Bahir Dar University .
- Transformational Leadership, 20-24 July, 2015, Ethiopian Management Insitute, Bisheftu-Ethiopia.
- Design and Development of CCTV Camera System for Driving License Examination Center for Amhara Regional State Government.
- Design and Implementation of Dual Polarized Weather Radar for Tana-Beles Sub-basin Regions.
- Design and Implementation of Integrated Market Information system (Funded by Amhara Regional State Government ).
- Design and Installation of Phased Array Radar for Ionospheric Monitoring and Analysis (Funded by US Air Force Agency).
- Design and Development of Mobile Based Knowledge Management System to Foster Development in Rural Ethiopia (Funded by Minstry of Science and Technology-Ethiopia).
- Design and Implementation of Mobile-based Vehicle Tracking and Transport Management System for Amhara Region Road and Transport Office ( Funded by Amhara Regional State Government-Ethiopia).
- Design and Implementation of Web-based FM Radio Streaming for Bahir Dar University ( Funded by Bahir Dar University).
publications and presentations from the past five years
Amare Kassaw, Dereje Hailemariam, Michael Fauß, A. M. Zoubir, “Energy efficient power control in uplink massive MIMO systems: A fractional programming approach,” under review.
Amare Kassaw, Dereje Hailemariam, Michael Fauß, A. M. Zoubir, “Fractional programming for energy efficient power control in uplink massive MIMO systems,” 27th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO2019), accepted.
Tewelgn Kebede, Amare Kassaw, Yihenew Wondie, Johannes Stenibrunn, “Joint evaluation of spectral efficiency, energy efficiency and transmission reliability in massive MIMO systems,” 7th International Conference on the Advancements of Science and Technology (ICAST-2019), 01-03 Aug, 2019, Bahir Dar-Ethiopia.
- Amare Kassaw, Dereje Hailemariam, A. M. Zoubir, “Review of energy efficient resource allocation techniques in massive MIMO systems,” 9th International Con-ference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence (ICTC 2018), Korea, 2018.
- Amare Kassaw, Dereje Hailemariam, A. M. Zoubir, “Performance analysis of uplink massive MIMO system over Rician fading channel, “26th European Signal ProcessingConference (EUSIPCO), Rome, 2018.
- Amare Kassaw, Dereje Hailemariam, A. M. Zoubir, “Review of truncated Neumann series based detection in massive MIMO systems,” IEEE Wireless Africa Conference, Addis Ababa, 2018.
- Amare Kassaw, Zemene Matewos, Dereje Hailemariam, “Digital dividend and its opportunities for long term evolution mobile network: the case of Ethiopia,” IEEE AFRICON 2017, Cape Town, 2017.
- Amare Kassaw, Dereje Hailemariam, A. M. Zoubir, “Performance analysis of multiple antenna based blind spectrum sensing techniques for cognitive radio networks,” 5 th International Conference on the Advancements of Science and Technology (ICAST-2017), Bahir Dar, 2017.
- Amare Kassaw, Dereje Hailemariam, A. Zoubir, “Performance analysis in massive MIMO systems,” Poster presentation at 6th International Conference on the Ad- vancements of Science and Technology (ICAST-2018), Bahir Dar, 2018.
- Bekele Mulu, Dereje Hailemariam, Amare Kassaw, “Dimensioning and Planning of LTE Radio Network for Future Deployment in Bahir Dar City,” 2nd International Conference on the Advancements of Science and Technology (ICAST-2014), Bahir Dar, 2014.
professional development activities
- Reviewing journals and proceedings
Basic: Java, Empire, HFSS, Computer Hardware
Intermediate: Python, ADS2009, SEAMCAT, Atoll, WinProp
Advanced: Matlab, C++, LATEX, Microsoft Office