Mr. Abid Abdu
Facility Manager for the Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain educational and research support technologies, software and online resources;
- Ensure the provision and the functionality of classroom and syndicate rooms’ technologies, infrastructure.
- Ensure the provision and the functionality of offices and syndicate rooms’ technologies, infrastructure
- Support and advice chairs in the development, maintenance and accessing of their respective electronic, digital, and other online course system resources
- Oversee the demonstration and instruction of students in the preparation of materials and the use of laboratory and workshop equipment
- To ensure that the Technical team provides a helpful and timely reactive service to the requests of academic staff regarding preparation for laboratory practical sessions and for research.
- To respond to student requests for assistance in practical sessions and where appropriate with projects and equipment support, where these needs cannot be met directly from a member of the Technical team, maintaining a professional approach to support students, promoting the development and preventing dependency.
- Oversee and contribute to the preparation and maintenance of equipment for laboratory work, including setting up, dismantling and resetting of experimental spaces as necessary.
- Provide timely, efficient and customer-based printing and copying services
- Develop and produce audio-video resources: lectures, expert interviews, laboratory, experiments, conferences, historic places, and events, movies.
- Ensure a conducive environment for efficient laboratories and workshops utilization.
- Provide support and guidance on the use of materials and equipment for teaching and research.
- Make collaborative decisions with academic staff and the technical team regarding preparation for laboratory and workshop sessions.