The agreement was signed between Bahir Dar Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Anna University (AU), centre for Leather Research Institute (CLRI), Bannari Amman Institute of Technology (BIT), and Velalar College of Engineering and Technology (VCET). Our delegates visited, agreed for signing MoU will be soon for IIT-Bombay (IIT-B), Anna University (AU), Madras Institute of Technology (MIT), Pondicherry Engineering College (PEC), Karnataka state for Higher Education (KSHE) & VTU, and AMRITA University.
Bahir Dar Institute of Technology targeted on the revelation of strengthening the Post Graduate and PhD research collaborative programs, exchanging scientists, staff and students research and development aspects, research projects, sharing resources including research laboratories between both institutions and industries. Besides these, the agreement includes various research activities like conference and journal paper publication and participation, both staff and students attending special seminar, workshop and training program, PG and PhD special elective course teaching by eminent experts, special laboratories establishment with domain experts, PhD curriculum/ syllabi formation /Approval committee and operational agreement for five years (May 2017 – April 2022).
Overall Outcomes / Impressions and conclusions of this Visit and Signing MoU:
- To establish good research based socio-technical relationship with the higher end top ranked Institutions / Industries research collaboration between Ethiopia and India.
- Higher platform for inviting technical human resources / eminent experts from India to strengthening the various PhD programmes in BiT / BDU for another FIVE years.
- BiT /BDU staff whoever admitted for PhD programme, hereafter they can avail more opportunity, Concrete technical and research supports till completion of their PhD degree programme.
- To maximizing ratio and facilitate for our BiT / BDU staff with master degree holders can pursuing their PhD programme on campus itself in full-fledged way in near future.
- To standardize and establish still more specialized research labs and Centre of Excellency for various research domains in BiT/ BDU.
- Possibilities for both BiT / BDU and leading Indian Universities / Industries extending their international collaborative research funding projects based on this MoU’s and financial agreement in official.
- The best top ranked Ethiopian University BiT / BDU had made, entered first officially for visits / Signed MoU with Indian Top ranked Universities /Institutions / Industries in the aspects of research and development programmes.
- To aware / upgrade the present technological standards and benefits for Staff and Students by exchanging their research contributions through ORIGINAL OPERATIONAL EFFECT among both countries universities / Industries as per this visits and signed MoU.