Mr. Megistu Gizaw
Continuing and Distance Education Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate a program leading to a degree or graduate level and the academic aspects of its implementation.
- Ensure that courses have the same content and carry the same credits as those offered in the
- day-time program and be taught at accepted University standards. Such course credits shall be
- transferable where appropriate.
- Review and co-ordinate the various continuing education programs offered at different faculties
- Sees whether the existing University regulations and educational policies are properly implemented;
- Sees whether the objectives, rationale, curricula, and teaching methods of each program meet the BiT requirements;
- Sees whether the continuation of some existing continuing education programs is justified in light of the needs of the country;
- Work towards enabling the Continuing Education Division to become self-supporting;
- Work with deans and faculty Academic Commissions to ensure that course offerings are in accordance with proper academic standards;
- Advise the Institute Council on matters pertaining to the Continuing Education Division;
- Encourage the introduction and development of course-offerings through distance education and other modern means;
- Review and recommend payment rates for academic and administrative staff; and tuition fee that should be collected from students.