Mr. Solomon Sebsbew
Duties and Responsibilities of Facility Manager
- Develop and maintain educational and research support technologies, software’s and online resources;
- Ensure the provision and functionality of classroom and syndicate rooms’ technologies, infrastructure.
- Ensure the provision and functionality of offices and syndicate rooms’ technologies, infrastructure
- Support and advise chairs in the development, maintenance and accessing of their respective electronic, digital, and other online course system resources
- Oversee the demonstration and instruct ion of students in the preparation of materials and the use of laboratory and workshop equipment
- To ensure that the Technical team provides a helpful and timely reactive service to the requests of academic staff regarding preparation for laboratory practical sessions and for research.
- To respond to student requests for assistance in practical sessions and where appropriate with projects and equipment support, where these needs cannot be met directly from a member of the Technical team, maintaining a professional approach to support students, promoting development and preventing dependency.
- Oversee and contribute to the preparation and maintenance of equipment for laboratory work, including set up, dismantling and resetting of experimental spaces as necessary.
- Provide timely, efficient and customer based printing and copying services;
- Develop and produce audio-video resources: lectures, expert interviews, laboratory, experiments, conferences, historic places and events, movies.
- Ensure a conducive environment for efficient laboratories and workshops utilization.
- Provide support and guidance on the use of materials and equipment for teaching and research.
- Make collaborative decisions with academic staff and the technical team regarding preparation for laboratory and workshop sessions.
- Provide advice to students and colleagues where necessary to allow them to make decisions concerning practical work.
- Initiate proposals and contribute to collaborative decisions with academic staff regarding, for example, the purchase of new capital equipment