Mr. Bishaw Gebru
Duties and Responsibilities of Quality Assurance Officer
- Develop guidelines and measures of internal systems of quality assurance that cover review of academic staff performance, course contents and programs, teaching-learning processes, assessment and grading systems, and student evaluation of courses and programs, research and community service activities;
- Develop quality standards to undertake academic audit on a periodic basis, follow-up and rectify the deficiencies revealed by the audit, and maintain appropriate documentation of the audit, activities undertaken and of ensuring results;
- Lead and monitor the development of strategies, policies and procedures, directing quality assurance and enhancement to ensure that these are maintained, reviewed and enhanced;
- Plan and lead systemic review/ institutional assessment programs (self-evaluation and peer review) of an institution or program to determine whether or not acceptable standards of education, scholarship, and infrastructure are being met, maintained and enhanced;
- Formulate guidelines for course exemptions and waiver of rules on academic requirements;
- Coordinate and facilitate the academic review of teaching, learning, research, service, and outcomes based on a detailed examination of the curricula, structure, and effectiveness of a program as well as the quality and activities of its faculty
- Coordinate and follow up the international accreditation of programs of the institute when necessary;
- Report and communicate the findings of external reviewers of programs to the relevant academic units;
- Support Faculties, and centers on enhancement of quality of education;
- Ensure compliance with the institute’s quality framework to meet required standards.
- Evaluate the institution at least once every year with a view to ensuring whether the institution is up to standard, and document, communicate its findings to relevant stakeholders including HERQA;
- Follow up the practicality or implementation of recommendations made by the other external QA bodies (HERQA and CEPU);
Terms of Office: The terms of the officer shall be two years with possible extension of maximum anther one term. The extension of the term will be determined as per the performance of the director.