Mr. Fentahun A. Muche
Academic program officer for the Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Duties and Responsibilities of the Acadamic Program Officer
The Academic Program Officer works with the faculty in administering key student programs of the faculty. This position coordinates student competitions (International Scholars Program, internships, and fellowships) and various aspects of the minor programs including course scheduling and class logistics; and is responsible for monitoring class schedule. This position also serves as the student programs liaison with the institute's communication team providing ideas for the website, brochures, posters and other media; External communication regarding all students and programs; and coordinates student events and represents the faculty at these events when needed.
- Ensures classes are conducted consistently as per the schedules and propose appropriate measures to the Director of UG and Faculty Dean and ensure course exam grades are submitted to the registrar on time.;
- Assign academic advisors to sections within each program in consultation with the chair
- Coordinate senior projects and examiners for undergraduate program and Develops
guidelines for appropriate evaluation of B.Sc. project defense in the faculty
- Entertaining Petition for Re-marking from students for courses and request the relevant
chair to assign two academic staff, who can make the re-marking impartially and then
approve one of the grades submitted to him and finally submit the final result to the registrar
- Work closely with the assistant registrar and ensures the keeping of proper academic records of students of each program
- Be a member of Students Affair committee within the faculty
- Attend occasional Program Coordinator meetings as provided by the Undergraduate
Director Office of the institute.
- Act as a liaison between the Director for undergraduate programs of the institute and the faculty dean
- Cooperate in arranging orientation programs for new undergraduate students of the institute with other faculty academic program officers and the Director for Undergraduate programs of the institute.
- Develop annual activity plan as per its strategic plan in relation with Teaching and Learning process;
- Standardize and harmonize evaluation and monitoring procedures and format in the faculty in consultation with the faculty dean and chairs.
- Undertake any other related tasks given by the dean
Lecturer in Mechanical Design
APO for the Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (FMIE)
Bahir Dar Institute of Technology (BiT-BDU)
Bahir Dar University (BDU)