የባሕር ዳር ኢነርጂ ማዕከል
Bahir Dar Energy Center
Bahir Dar Institute of Technology
Call for New Research Proposals (2013 E.C)
Bahir Dar Energy Center would like to grant research fund for original research proposals having a special relevance to the development of the country. In its essence, the research proposal shall address an existing problem, contribute to the implementation of the national development strategy of the country and be able to produce a publishable and applicable finding.
· Full time staff members of BiT
· Expatriate staffs who have renewed contract of at least 6 months more from the end of the research project
· Researchers who successfully finished and submitted all previous BiT and BDU funded research projects
· Researchers who achieved either of the following results from the previous BiT funded research projects:
Ø Published an article (or show unconditional acceptance) on a peer reviewed journal/conference proceeding (the published article need to be submitted) or
Ø Technology transfer to the society (proof is needed from the appropriate office) or
Ø Have patent for the research finding (proof is needed from the appropriate office)
· All researchers (PI, Co-PI, and members) must satisfy the above eligibility criteria
· The proposal shall involve at least three researchers (PI, Co-PI, and members)
· The researchers shall have a reputable publication record in indexed and peer reviewed journals
· Research proposals must be within the thematic areas of the Center.
· The written proposal must be according to the BiT template (https://bit.bdu.edu.et/srgs)
Note: We encourage multidisciplinary research proposals, teams of female researchers and proposals that include graduate students as members.
The proposal shall be submitted to Bahir Dar Energy Center in one hard copy and soft copy (word file) via firstname.lastname@example.org . Please also note that proposals that do not follow the BiT template and/or not signed by the researchers and/or the chair holder will be automatically rejected. Proposals that satisfy the eligibility and requirement criteria will be reviewed by internal and external reviewers. The review process will be double-blinded.
Submission Deadline: Nehasie 30, 2012 E.C.
September 05, 2020
ØCombustion and gasification technologies
ØPyrolisis and Torrefication
üSolar Energy Technology
ØSolar heating, drying and cooling
ØSolar Energy Storage
üWind Energy Technology
ØWind power generation
ØWind resource assessments
ØWind pumping and hybrid technologies
üHydro power technology
ØSmall scale hydropower technologies
ØHydropower potential and impact assessments
üEnergy efficient technology management and policies
üEfficient cooking and lighting technologies
üEnergy Storage Technologies
ØAdvanced in fuel cell technologies
ØFuel cell efficiencies and commercialization
ØAdvancement of battery technology for renewable energy
ØAny other energy storage technologies