Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition
Faculty of Chemical and Food Engineering
The Applied Human Nutrition program was launched to respond to the high need for trained professionals in nutrition who can advocate the importance of nutrition starting from the community to regional and federal levels, and thus contribute in the fight against food and nutrition insecurity and the high prevalent malnutrition in the country. Graduates of the program are supposed to serve as:
- Leaders in the delivery of nutrition education programs for rural communities through the extension service or in conjunction with governmental and non-governmental organizations for community-based nutrition programs,
- Project coordinators and managers in governmental and non-governmental organizations,
- As researcher in research institutions,
- Nutrition counsellors,
- Nutritionists in health care centres and hospitals,\
- Heads of disaster prevention and preparedness sectors,
- Community nutrition development project and program coordinators,
- Food security program heads,
- Teachers in governmental and non-governmental education and training centres.
Duration of the program
Medium of Instruction
Applicants should achieve the minimum score on Ethiopian Higher Education Qualification Certificate Examination (EHEQCE) or equivalent which satisfies admission cut point to higher education set by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education and the Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency.
Mesfin Wogayehu, PhD.