Faculty of Chemical and Food Engineering
Bahir Dar Institute of Technology, Bahir Dar
Call for PhD applicants- PhD program in Biochemical Engineering
Two students will be admitted to the PhD program in Biochemical Engineering on a competitive basis.
Employer sponsorship is strongly encouraged to apply for this post. Subsistence allowance may be available for two years at rates appropriate for Ethiopian living costs. Applications are due by Sep 20, 2019. The applicants should be interested to do research in the project “MillNET_i: Millets and Nutritional Enhancement Traits for Iron bioavailability" and to achieve the following objectives:
- To evaluate fermentation kinetics during the traditional processing of local /biofortified finger millets into Injera
- To evaluate iron bioaccessibility/bioavailability during the traditional processing of local and biofortified finger millets into Injera
- MSc. Degree or equivalent in Food Engineering/technology, Food science and nutrition, Food science and post harvest technology, biochemical engineering and other related fields from a recognized institution.
- Graduate admission policy of BDU
- Fluent command of written and spoken English.
- Clear professional objectives expressed in a statement of purpose
- At least 2 year of relevant professional experience
Submission of applications
- Copies of academic transcripts and diplomas
- 2 letters of recommendations from former professors and/or employers
- Statement of purpose (2 type-written pages maximum ; why the applicant wants to pursue the PhD program and how his/her academic interests and professional experiences relate to this field of study and his/her professional goals)
- Concept note, maximum of three page, describing applicant’s research methodology to the research objectives
- Letter of support for those employed by organizations in accordance with Bahir Dar University policy
- Receipt for application fee
Submit your application & recommendation letters to:
Bahir Dar Institute of Technology, Registrar office, P.O.Box, 26, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Sep 20—Applications due
Sep 25—Interview with potential candidates after prescreening
Sept 30—Finalist listed
Remark: Women are strongly encouraged to apply!
For additional information, please contact Dr Hirut Assaye ( Phone +251-920469673)