Duties and responsibilities of Academic Program Officer/ vice Dean/
Being accountable to the Dean, the academic vice Dean of an academic unit shall have the following powers and responsibilities:
1. Directs the teaching learning activities of the academic units
2. Follows up and executes the decisions and recommendations of the AC.
3. Seeks to provide opportunities for educational and professional development of the staff and students of the academic unit.
4. Follows up and facilitates the processing of Development s, promotions, salary increments and benefits due to staff members of the AU.
5. Prepares and causes to be prepared plans, programs and budgets for the activities of the faculty and closely supervises the implementation of approved plans and programs.
6. Supervises the proper use of resources within the AU.
7. Ensures that students‟ evaluations and colleague reviews of staff members of the AU are properly conducted and the necessary reports are submitted to the Dean as per procedures on these matters.
8. Develop strategies for the expansion of academic programs at all levels.
9. Ensuring timely and effective communication and advertisement of academic programs.
10. Ensure timely and effective orientation of students.
11. Ensure that course instructors, advisors and examiners are timely assigned on merit basis.
12. Follow up the college‟s customers needs & expectations and works toward meeting those identified needs and expectations;