Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Electrical Engineering (EE) program is one of the largest programs in the Bahir Dar Institute of Technology of Bahir Dar University. The Program has been serving the country and also advanced the University’s reputation. It has trained a significant number of Electrical Engineers in the country who are playing key roles in the various sectors of development in the country. The core strategy of the Program is to pursue its vision and mission to enhance its research, linkage with industry, academic and scholarly activities and become a center of excellence for its programs, thereby improving its eminence in national and international rankings.
Taking into consideration the requirements of modern industries the program has realized that there is a need to implement the following four specializations (streams) in the present undergraduate electrical engineering Program.
• Communication Engineering,
• Electronics Engineering,
• Electrical Power Engineering,
• Industrial Control Engineering
Duration of the program
Medium of Instruction
Applicants should achieve the minimum score on Ethiopian Higher Education Qualification Certificate Examination (EHEQCE) or equivalent which satisfies admission cut point to higher education set by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education and the Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Graduates of the Electrical Engineering program are expected within a few years of graduation to have:
PEO 1: Established themselves as practicing professionals in the capacity as policymakers and leaders in government and industry and/or be engaged in advanced study in electrical engineering or a related field;
PEO 2: Demonstrated their ability to successfully work both independently and as members of a professional team in the formulation and design of complex engineering systems, and function effectively as responsible professionals with effective communication skills; and
PEO 3: Shown a commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing professional training and development, leadership training, and research opportunities in order to gain a deeper understanding of the social, ethical, and environmental context of changing global conditions.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies and
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.