Design, development and manufacturing of products and machines for industrial and consumer use
- Industrial plant design, equipment selection, plant erection, commissioning, operation and maintenance;
Installation of machinery and piping
Engineering material production and testing
Industrial gas- and water supply system/component design
Automotive and construction equipment design and maintenance,
Heating, refrigeration, air-conditioning and compressed air systems, water supply systems design, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance
Energy conversion system/component design, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance
Control of noise, vibration and environmental pollution
Industrial project design and evaluation
Project planning and total quality management
- Engineering Knowledge
- Problem Analysis
- Design/Development of Solutions
- Modern Tool Usage
- The Engineer and Society
- Environment and Sustainability
- Individual and Team Work
- Life-long Learning
Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
As a mechanical engineer in BSc, it has involved with devising, designing, fabricating and improving equipment, tools, appliances and machines. A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering can prepare one to both get a job and work as an engineer and to go onto graduate school.
Duration of the program
Medium of Instruction
Applicants should achieve the minimum score on Ethiopian Higher Education Qualification Certificate Examination (EHEQCE) or equivalent which satisfies admission cut point to higher education set by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education and the Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency.
(Refer to the Program syllabus from the link below)
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Graduates of the mechanical engineering program are expected within a few years of graduation to have:
PEO1: Established themselves as practicing professionals in the capacity as policy makers and leaders in government and industry and/or be engaged in advanced study in mechanical engineering or a related field.
PEO2: Graduates will function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
PEO3: Graduates will have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informal judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions and
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Program Delivery Modes
The mechanical engineering program is a full time based on-campus mode program offered during the day time via lecture, tutorial, and laboratory. Aside the traditional way of course delivery students will take a one semester intensive internship at different factories at a national level.
|2019-2020||Due to COVID-19 reason there is no Graduation||44|