Doctor of Philosophy in Manufacturing Engineering
Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Students in Manufacturing Engineering PhD program want to develop and test new techniques for industrial processes and make manufacturing solutions more efficient, more cost effective, and more environmentally friendly. As the global markets seek production methods that are safer for people and the environment, you’ll be on the cutting edge of researching new options in a rapidly changing and technically complex world. It prepare students with problem-solving research outputs by promoting and enhancing researches focusing on knowledge and technology transfer consistent with the country's manufacturing priority needs and to disseminate generated or adopted technologies to potential users.
Duration of the program
Three to Five years
Medium of Instruction
- Applicants should meet the general application and admission policy of the BiT-BDU
- Candidates are expected to submit a research concept note during application and develop with the assistance of their SDAC after admission.
- MSc or equivalent degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from a recognized institute or university in mechanical engineering or equivalent field.
- The concept note for the PhD dissertation should be approved by the advisor with the rank of associate professor or above before submission for the FGC for final approval
- Foreign applicants should lieu of sitting for entrance examination; submit results if GRE/TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent language proficiency examination if undergraduate and postgraduate program medium of instructions is not English.
- The applicant is preferable to acquire a minimum of two letters of recommendations.
Aragaw Mulu, MSc.