Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Design
Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
The program is a step forward towards realizing the long felt industrialization needs of the country through advanced design and manufacturing PhD training of engineers/researchers equipped with advanced knowledge both in theory and practice on the frontier technologies. The program is developed to give sufficient emphasis on project based learning and research in order to equip the participants in the program with a better understanding of complex engineering problems.
Duration of the program
Three to Five years
Medium of Instruction
- Applicants should meet the general application and admission policy of the BiT-BDU
- Candidates are expected to submit a research concept note during application and develop with the assistance of their SDAC after admission.
- MSc or equivalent degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from a recognized institute or university in mechanical engineering or equivalent field.
- The concept note for the PhD dissertation should be approved by the advisor with the rank of associate professor or above before submission for the FGC for final approval
- Foreign applicants should lieu of sitting for entrance examination; submit results if GRE/TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent language proficiency examination if undergraduate and postgraduate program medium of instructions is not English.
- The applicant is preferable to acquire a minimum of two letters of recommendations.
Addisu Negash Ali, PhD