The vision of the Bahir Dar Information and Communication Technology for Development Research Center is to be one of the top five ICT research centers at continental level through innovation and technology transfer in the coming 10 to 15 years.
The mission of the Bahir Dar Information and Communication Technology for Development Research Center is to build center of excellence in information and communication technologies, to provide electronic services that foster socio-economic development and serving the community by working with stakeholders; as well as to provide a practical and experimental evidence of ICTs added value for the market, cultural growth, and social welfare. The center carries a high-quality research with impact to society, market, demonstrating in a practical way the added value of research through the creation of systems, experimental validation, industrial applications, and social impact. It is primarily devoted to theoretical speculation, applied research as well as technology transfer.
- Innovation: Generate new idea and pursue a creative approach to get it implemented, and encourage others to be creative.
- Excellence: Meet high standards of performance and strive to exceed goals.
- Professionalism: Maintain confidentiality, speak truthfully and constructively, and work to find solutions rather than complain.
- Integrity: act with the quality of being honest and with strong moral principles
- Accountability: University staff performing duties in an accountable manner and taking full responsibility for actions and decisions they take thereof.
- Team work: Build a wide network of relationships throughout the programs, schools, institutes, and colleges of the university. Contribute fully to the activities of the team, and share information and resources within the team.
- Work with Others: Work with different stakeholders in a close relationship to serve the community.