Title:IOT Based Pregnant Health Monitoring System
Description: Ethiopia is one of the six countries which have contributed to more than 50% of all maternal deaths across the world. This country has adopted the millennium development goals (MDGs) including reducing the maternal mortality by three-quarter, and put improvement in maternal health as one of the health sector development program (HSDP) performance indicators. To help achieve these goals, we have developed IOT Based Pregnant Health Monitoring System. The system consists mobile applications (for the pregnant, her emergency contact, and her healthcare provider), web application, and wearable device. The wearable device is prepared to be worn by the pregnant woman in order to track her health information on a real-time basis.
The main functionalities of this system are:
- The system reminds the pregnant and her emergency contact week by week about the things they need to do.
- The system enables the pregnant and her emergency contact to browse general information regarding to pregnancy.
- The system enables the pregnant to converse with her doctor remotely (i.e., it allows the pregnant to make a text chat with her doctor).
- The system provides information about pregnant heart rate, and body temperature for the pregnant, her emergency contact, and her doctor.
- When heart rate or body temperature of the pregnant is abnormal, the system sends alert message (SMS) to her emergency contact.
- When the pregnant suffers a sudden fall, the system makes an emergency call to her emergency contact and it allows him/her to get current location of the pregnant.
- The system allows the doctor to store pregnant follow up and medication data as a history.
- The system also allows the doctor to set appointment with the pregnant and it will notify the pregnant about date and time of appointment.
- Finally, the system generates report for the pregnant, her emergency contact, and her doctor.
Team Members:Habtamu Tilahun, Dawit Kumlachew, Yohannes Bahru, and Chalachew Kassahun