Vacancy announcement (NEW)
As per the Directive of Ministry of Science and Higher Educations (MoSHE) and the Autonomy Directives 001/2013 of Institute of Technologies (IoTs) to appoint higher education leaders,
Bahir Dar Institute of Technology (BiT), Bahir Dar University, has announced vacant positions to appoint the following deputy scientific directors:
1. Deputy scientific director for academics
2. Deputy scientific director for research and community service
Therefore, eligible candidates of BiT employees who meet the following criteria are invited to apply. Eligibility criteria:
1. Academic rank: Employees of BiT who are Lecturers with second degree and above
2. Work experience: 6 years of experience after first degree
3. Leadership experience: 2 years for candidates with PhD and 3 years for candidates with a second degree (minimum leadership experience shall be in the capacity of department head or equivalent).
4. Strategic plan: candidates are required to prepare a strategic plan demonstrating his/her main activities on how to achieve the vision, mission and goals of the institute.
5. Candidates shall avail in person to present and defend their plan to representatives of the community of BiT, Senate members of BiT, and election committee members.
6. Nationality: Ethiopian
7. Female applicants are encouraged to apply
8. Successful applicants will receive benefits allowed for the respective positions in addition to their basic current salary.
Applicants should submit their application within 10 consecutive working days starting from the date this announcement is posted.
1. Application letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Copies of educational documents
4. Copies of work and leadership experience
5. Strategic plan
1. Applications should be submitted to BiT’s information and strategic communication office. The application documents should be checked for completeness and registered in the form provided at the office. Then it has to be sealed by the applicant and submitted to the office.
2. Strategic plan specification: not more than 5 pages written in Amharic/English, Power Geez Unicode 1/Times New Roman, font size 12, line space 1.5 and page margins should be 1 from all sides.
3. Affirmative action for applicants with disabilities shall be considered if appropriate documents are provided
4. For further information: applicants can use the following numbers: +251900418808/+251588209338
5. Applicants can access this announcement and duties and responsibilities of the positions at the following website of the institute at: https://bit.bdu.edu.et/node/628
6. The application is open for 10 working days from today 08/12/2020
Supervisory board of BiT