School of Research and Graduate studies
ውድ የባሕር ዳር ዩኒቨርሲቲ የቴክኖሎጂ ኢንስቲትዩት የ2012ዓ.ም. ተመራቂ ተማሪዎች!
የባሕር ዳር ዩኒቨርሲቲ የ2012ዓ.ም. ተማራቂ ተማሪዎቹን ቅዳሜ ነሐሴ 23፤ 2012ዓ.ም በቨርቹዋል ያስመርቃል፡፡በምረቃ መርሐ ግብሩ ላይ በተለየ ጥሪ ከሚደረግላችሁ ተማሪዎች በስተቀር በአካል መገኘት የማያስፈልጋችሁ ሲሆን ለምረቃው መሳካት በመመረቂያ ልብስ (ጋዎን) የተነሳችሁትን ፎቶ፣የመመረቂያ ፅሁፋችሁን ርዕስ እና ስማችሁን በ email@example.com ቢዘገይ እስከ አርብ ነሐሴ 08፤ 2012ዓ.ም እንድትጭኑ ተጠይቃችኋል እንኳን ደስ አላችሁ!!!
Dear Bahir Dar Institute of Technology, Bahir Dar University graduating class of 2020!
Bahir Dar University will hold a virtual graduation ceremony of this year’s graduating students on Saturday 29 August 2020. While you are not required to attend the graduation ceremony physically, unless contacted for exceptional cases, you are asked to upload your graduation photo (with gown), the title of your thesis, and name via firstname.lastname@example.org only before or on Friday 14 August 2020.
The School of Research and Graduate Studies would like to grant research fund for original research proposals having a special relevance to development of the country. In its essence, the research proposal shall address an existing problem in the manufacturing sector, contribute to the implementation of the national development strategy GTP II and be able to produce a publishable and applicable finding.
Research proposals must be submitted to the School of Research and Graduate Studies in one hard copy and soft copy before 16 February, 2010 EC.
Eligibility for proposal writing:
- Be staff member of BiT; except MSc students, and PhD students that do not take qualifying examination.
- Researcher who successfully submitted all previous BiT funded research projects, in case if she/he was funded in the previous budget years.
- The proposal shall involve at least three researchers
- The researchers shall have a reputable publication record in indexed and peer reviewed journals.
- The proposal shall have a justifiable relevance to the development of the country.
- Research proposals must be within the thematic areas identified by BiT
- The written proposal must be according to the format provided
Note: Multidisciplinary research proposals are highly encouraged.
Please kindly note that proposal shall be submitted to the School strictly based on the research format provided, if not, will be automatically rejected.
For any related information, please contact the School of Research and Graduate Studies at BiT Main Building, Third floor, Room # 033
BiT School of Research and Post Graduate Office agreed with European Alliance for Innovation (EAI) to Publish the proceedings of ICAST- 2018 on Springer. Thus, all papers accepted for ICAST-2018 will be published on Springer.
Bahir Dar Institute of Technology (BiT) hosted the 5th International Conference on the Advancements of Science and Technology (ICAST-2017) from May 19 – 20, 2017. The conference had the following parallel sessions:
- Civil and Water Resource Engineering
- Chemical and Food Engineering
- Mechanical and Industrial engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
The main objectives of the conference was to provide a platform for researchers, industries,
institutions/organizations and academicians, to interact about innovative methods and share knowledge about recent trends in science, technology and engineering for the overall growth and development of the country.
USAID administrators from The Ethiopia Mission and the Washington-based Bureau for Food Security and the ILSSI External Advisory Committee have visited research sites on 17-19 May 2017 in farmer’s fields where ILSSI and related SIPSIN projects are being led by Bahir Dar University faculty (Dr Seifu A Tilahun) and more than 15 MSc and PhD students. The objective was to see firsthand the field research that has been underway since 2014 and to interact with staff, students, and farmers engaged in this research. Innovation Lab for Small Scale Irrigation (ILSSI) and Sustainably Intensified Production Systems Impact on Nutrition (SIPSIN), a part of the Sustainable Intensification Innovation Laboratory (SIIL), cooperate in field based research and analysis in research which is centered on a collaboration with Bahir Dar University. ILSSI partners include Texas A&M, the lead institution, the International Water Management Institute, the International Livestock Research Institute, the International Food Policy Research Institute and North Carolina A&T.
It was agreed that ILSSI continues to evolve in a very impressive way. With the its current engagements at field level, the advisory committee sees clear evidence that the project is moving towards its goal of affecting the livelihoods of people through the successful generation and adoption of small scale irrigation product and know-how.
The advisory committee was also impressed with the involvement of students in conducting field research while using the data for graduate thesis.
The participants were USAID mission from USA embassy in Addis Ababa; USAID from USA DC office; IWMI; ILSSI Advisory Committee; faculties from Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University; ILRI.
The agreement was signed between Bahir Dar Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Anna University (AU), centre for Leather Research Institute (CLRI), Bannari Amman Institute of Technology (BIT), and Velalar College of Engineering and Technology (VCET). Our delegates visited, agreed for signing MoU will be soon for IIT-Bombay (IIT-B), Anna University (AU), Madras Institute of Technology (MIT), Pondicherry Engineering College (PEC), Karnataka state for Higher Education (KSHE) & VTU, and AMRITA University.
Bahir Dar Institute of Technology targeted on the revelation of strengthening the Post Graduate and PhD research collaborative programs, exchanging scientists, staff and students research and development aspects, research projects, sharing resources including research laboratories between both institutions and industries. Besides these, the agreement includes various research activities like conference and journal paper publication and participation, both staff and students attending special seminar, workshop and training program, PG and PhD special elective course teaching by eminent experts, special laboratories establishment with domain experts, PhD curriculum/ syllabi formation /Approval committee and operational agreement for five years (May 2017 – April 2022).
Overall Outcomes / Impressions and conclusions of this Visit and Signing MoU:
- To establish good research based socio-technical relationship with the higher end top ranked Institutions / Industries research collaboration between Ethiopia and India.
- Higher platform for inviting technical human resources / eminent experts from India to strengthening the various PhD programmes in BiT / BDU for another FIVE years.
- BiT /BDU staff whoever admitted for PhD programme, hereafter they can avail more opportunity, Concrete technical and research supports till completion of their PhD degree programme.
- To maximizing ratio and facilitate for our BiT / BDU staff with master degree holders can pursuing their PhD programme on campus itself in full-fledged way in near future.
- To standardize and establish still more specialized research labs and Centre of Excellency for various research domains in BiT/ BDU.
- Possibilities for both BiT / BDU and leading Indian Universities / Industries extending their international collaborative research funding projects based on this MoU’s and financial agreement in official.
- The best top ranked Ethiopian University BiT / BDU had made, entered first officially for visits / Signed MoU with Indian Top ranked Universities /Institutions / Industries in the aspects of research and development programmes.
- To aware / upgrade the present technological standards and benefits for Staff and Students by exchanging their research contributions through ORIGINAL OPERATIONAL EFFECT among both countries universities / Industries as per this visits and signed MoU.
The 18th annual conference of Ethiopian society of Mechanical Engineers (ESME) are conducted in Addis Abeba, Friendship International hotel on March 30, 2014
Theme of the year
“Certification and Ethics of Mechanical Engineers towards improving the quality of products and services”